Saturday, June 7, 2008

The editorial: Jan 2007.
Life is good!

This month’s issue is packed with the lifeblood of young minds that show through their words that life is good when you have focus. The spirited vision that charges the heart in the article, ‘The courage to lead’ is close to my heart because in my experience as a teacher it warms my heart to see and hear that people want to do something in education for the greater benefit. To the parents of Ahmed* (not his real name), I really admire you and I know you will be able to achieve the dream of opening up the school for children who are challenged. In-shallah, I would support you in ways that I can with the help of Allah. What touches me deeply about the parents here is their desire to help others in the same boat and to teach them how to row that boat in such a way that it overcomes the worst of storms.

Again, when I read the article on the ‘Life in the fast lane’, the young man, Abdullah Moolla, makes me realise just how good life is i.e. the company of the good teacher made such an impression in the life of a student that the change become words of wisdom for us today. In effect, the article on the ‘Dating Game’ gave me courage to know that there are young people in the ummah who shun zina and are prepared to encourage others. Yes, life is good!

The interview with Abdullah Sujee was lengthy but, it was an interview I really wanted to do. It is my belief that he has excelled and today, his late father, Mr.Ali Bhay Sujee (may Allah fill his kabr with noor) would be pleased with his son. Yes, life is good when you see a son in the footsteps of his father – may Allah grant Abdullah conviction and sincerity of intention and purpose in his life. The interview was done also to inspire young men to become teachers because we need more Muslim males who are really sure of their gender to become teachers. Why do I say this? You see with this whole saga of gay marriages and the likes who knows who will teach our children in the years to come. Therefore, if we don’t inspire men to be teachers we should prepare ourselves for some degree of a societal psychological imbalance on the moral platform because Education is about morality that Allah has decreed.

I know you will enjoy the book reviews and you would be inspired to buy the books because life is good when you inspired to do something good. In all of life, we will be judged on how we enjoined in good and forbade the evil. So read! It was the first revealed word.

Finally I hope you will cherish this month’s issue and anticipate the next issue because life is good when you wait for things that will inspire you to the pleasure of Allah. The year 2007 looks good because, it was ushered in by hajj and therefore, look up and say “Allahu-Akbar”!

You know I enjoyed all the articles and cannot fathom how to express my views about all of them in my condensed space save to say that, we need to give thanks our mothers because they nurtured us that today, we are ambassadors of Islam. Jazakallahu-ghiarun to all the people who have contributed to this magazine’s success.

Enjoy the magazine and do good and forbid evil because life is good!

Editor:
Zaiboon Motala.

No comments: